Welcome to BlookUp !
BlookUp provides personal publishing on demand services enabling customers to create, lay out, print and publish books (“blooks”) or to create an Ebook, of their blogs or social networks and if they wish to offer them for sale (hereinafter the “Services”).
Visitors of the BlookUp website can become members (user who creates an account or a « member »). The services offered by BlookUp (“BlookUp”, “we”) including publishing on demand services, a BlookUp website (the “Site”), and pages on social networks (such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram). By using the Services, you agree to be bound by these terms as a “Member”.
Things to remember :
- Your content belongs to you. BlookUp has no ownership rights to the content of your book (or of your Ebook).
- We may terminate membership privileges of any Member who repeatedly infringes the intellectual property of others.
- IDs of your blogs or of your accounts of social networks used to import your book the data that will be included in your book are not stored by us and cannot be reused.
1 - Definitions
- « Site » : means the website : https://www.blookup.com/fr/
- « User »: means any natural or legal person who visits the Site whether Member or not.
- « Member »: means any natural or legal person who created a personal account on the Site with a username and a password.
- « Author/Blogger »: means any Member who has created or wishes to create a blook in order to offer it for sale on the Blookshop and sell it, or to order it for personal use.
- « Public Blook»: means a published book or an electronic book (ebook) published, that any user can order via the Blookshop.
- « Private Blook »: means a book to publish or a published electronic book (ebook) that any Author/Blogger can order via his personal account.
2 - Purpose
The provisions accessible via the Site in its Terms and Conditions of Sale ("T&Cs") shall also apply.
The Site allows any User and/or Member to create, lay out, print and publish and order books ("blooks") or Ebooks based on their blogs and, if they wish, to offer their books for sale.
Any access to and/or use of the Site or pages of the social networks owned by BlookUp, entails the express and unconditional acceptance and respect of all the present ToU. They shall constitute an agreement between BlookUp and the User.
3 - Legal notices
The Site is edited by:
BlookUp, SAS with a capital of 1 436,00 € euros, whose registred office is at 4, rue Esprit des Lois, 33000 Bordeaux and registered with the RCS of Bordeaux under number 535 399 455.
email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: +33 (0)5 64 31 09 20
TVA number: FR15535399455
Publishing director: Mr. BRUNO PHILIPPE
Information on web host:
This Site is hosted by:
WSB, SARL, 4 rue Esprit des lois, 33000 Bordeaux,
4 - Use of the site, registration, account and password
1. Registration and creation of a personal account and profile. The User who wants to create one or more blooks based on one of the blogs which he is the author, or based on one of the accounts of social networks that he holds, or buy a blook created by an Author/Blogger via the Blookshop, must first create a personal account by using the registration form available on the Site. BlookUp will validate the registration of the User after verification of the information provided by the User.
2. Eligibility. You represent and warrant that (a) all the necessary information you provide during registration is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (c) you are aged at least eighteen (18) years; and (d) your use of the Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation.
3. Password. When you register to become a Member, you will also be asked to choose a user name and a password. It is of your entire responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your password. You undertake not to use the account, username or password of another Member at any time whatsoever. You are solely responsible for any use of your account. You undertake to notify BlookUp immediately if a third party has become aware of your login information and to implement effective remediation measures immediately, such as changing your password. BlookUp cannot be held responsible for any misuse of your Account.
5 - Process of creating a blook and security of users credentials
In order to create a blook as an Author/Blogger, your digital content must be published on one of the following platforms: Wordpress, Blogger, Canalblog, Blogspirit, Skyblog, Up And Fort, Tumblr, Overblog, Facebook, or Instagram. Apart from these platforms, however, it is possible to transform your content into blook. Recover an export file (.xml) format similar to those issued by Wordpress with the after-sale service of the blog platform. Once the resulting file is obtained, go to step 1 "Import", click on Wordpress, "Create a blook from a WordPress export", "Browse", then upload your file and click "Import".
In order to prepare your blog for import and realize your blook in few minutes, you must ensure that all necessary modifications are made beforehand on your blog. Before starting the import or even get your XML file, you must make sure that all the content you want to see in your blook are well on your blog. Check spelling, although categorize your articles, import new photos and change them if necessary. (To learn more about the customization options and save time in achieving your blook, read the “content part and personalization of blooks” accessible via the FAQ).
At any time, you can view and make changes to any of your blooks (provided that on that it is not ordered) by going to the "My Account" and then in "My blooks". BlookUp saves your changes each time you click on the "Save and Continue" button (when you are logged in to your account and have already generated a blook for the first time) or at the last step of the customization process, when generating the final preview (when you have not created an account or created blook yet on our website).
Once you have made all the necessary changes in your blog, you must authorize BlookUp to access to the back office of the relevant blog by providing us with the corresponding login and password in order to enable us to import the relevant data and their layout (such import shall only take few minutes and up to 10 minutes for very large blogs). Such access is only provided to BlookUp for a short period of time and is based on the use of a free protocol (OAuth) which enables a website, a software or an application to use the secure API of another web site on behalf of a user. In other words, the use of this API which is specific to each blog platform, allows BlookUp to extract the blog content for once during the time required for importing data while protecting the login and password of the blogger. Thus, your credentials are neither accessible nor known, nor stored by us and can in no way be reused.
When you sign in to your blogging platform, and also depending on the chosen platform, BlookUp may ask you writing permission (publishing posts on your behalf): If so, this means that this permission can not be technically separated from the reading permission (getting access to your contents in order to import them) and that BlookUp has no choice but to obtain the writing permission in order to also access the reading permission. This restriction depends only on the application interface (API) of the blogging platform or social network you wish to import and does not depend on BlookUp’s will. Writing permission must be granted but BlookUp vows and is totally committed to ensure that the integrity of your contents is never affected, either during or after the import.
If you are on Wordpress, import the export file of your blog (.xml) on BlookUp by clicking "Create blook from a WordPress export" and consult the tutorial by clicking on "How to create your roster of export?".
After the creation of your blook, you can make it public and to share it via the Blookshop, which enables you to sell your blook by offering the other users to buy one of several copies of your blook. You can choose the margin you want to get out of the sale of your blook.
Otherwise your blook remains strictly private and you are thus the only one who can see it and who is able to order it in your personal account. Your account is confidential.
The Author/Blogger chooses this status at the time of the creation of the Blook but it can change such status at any time from his account.
Be aware that a non-ordered and non-modified blook will be deleted after a 3 months period for storage reasons. Any modification brought to the blook will postpone the suppression on the blook for a new 3-months period. In the same way, the ordered blooks are deleted after a period of 3 years after their creation OR last (re)order.
6 - Users and/or Members's Obligations
The user undertakes to:
- respect the intellectual property rights related to the content owned by BlookUp, by other Users and any third party ;
- not publish content via his or her blooks corresponding to the exercise of a commercial activity: advertising, promotional or commercial messages, small ads and more generally any message containing personal or business contact information (telephone number, address or email ) or links to other websites;
- not make, share any comments or publish in any form whatsoever information or content infringing the rights of others and more generally any content which would be contrary to applicable laws and regulations, to the rights of persons, or that incorporates links to third-party websites that are illegal in character;
- not to publish, post, disseminate, or broadcast in any form whatsoever information or content that has the effect of reducing, disorganize, prevent the normal use of the Site, interrupt and/or slow down the normal flow of communications between the Users through the services, software, virus, logic bombs, mass mailing, spamming ... etc.;
- not defame, abuse, harass, stalk or threaten anyone, nor violate the rights of others;
- not infringe the right to privacy, honor, reputation and dignity of others and the image rights of persons who are likely to be identified within the content likely to infringe their right to privacy;
- not disseminate messages through the Site or content through your blooks, that contain insults, obscenities, pornographic elements, violent, disparaging or defamatory;
- not post comments or contents contrary to the applicable laws and regulations, such as incitement to racial hatred, calls to pedophilia, homophobia, to justify war crimes or crimes against humanity, the incitement to commit a murder or a crime, incitement to the commission of acts of terrorism and their vindication, incitement to racial hatred, hatred of people because of their gender, sexual orientation or gender identity or disability and child pornography, incitement to violence, including incitement to violence against women and violations of human dignity ;
- not usurpate the identity of another person,
- not transmit viruses or other harmful or destructive program, and generally not disrupt the operation of the Site;
- not use software or programs on the Site performing automated tasks, regardless of the features, such practice being treated as an infringement of an automated data system;
- not take over all or part of the content of existing works without the authorization of copyright holders in such works;
- not to reproduce and/or use the trademark, the company name, logo or any distinctive sign of a third party without his authorization when the blook which is created is intended to be made public;
- not to transmit elements that infringe intellectual property rights or third party rights, including trademark, personal rights or copyright, patent rights, copyright rights attached to benefits and / or distinctive signs rights ;
- in general, to act in good faith towards other Users and BlookUp, and to comply with and respect the laws and regulations in force, and in respect of all obligations of these Terms.
7 - Authors/Bloggers' specific obligations
1. Content of your blook. The Author/Blogger is solely responsible for the content of his book. The Author takes full responsibility for the published texts, documents, photographs and abbreviations he uses to illustrate his blook, including and especially third parties’ content (comments from others especially on Facebook). It is specified that BlookUp does not perform any checking, reading, or even any correction of the blooks created by the Authors/ Bloggers. Therefore, it is reminded that BlookUp cannot be held liable because of the activities or information stored at the request of a recipient and user of these services, including any violation of copyright or breach of third parties rights if BlookUp did not have actual knowledge of such illegal activities or information, and is was not aware of facts or circumstances from which the illegal activity of information was apparent, or if BlookUp, upon obtaining such knowledge or awareness, has acted expeditiously to remove or to disable access to the information.
2. Prohibited Content. DO NOT INCLUDE THE PARTICULARS "PUBLISHED BY BlookUp", "ADVERTISING BlookUp" OR OTHER REFERENCE THAT DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY OR COULD SUGGEST THAT MEAN BlookUp WOULD THE EDITOR OF BOOKS YOU CREATE USING THE SERVICES. In addition to the obligations any User is subject to and which are listed in Article 6 above, you undertake not to publish, submit to printing, or otherwise transmit to the Services, any Prohibited Content. "Prohibited Content" includes the contents of your book or Other Content that: (I) is offensive or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual; (II) intimidates, harasses or advocates the persecution, intimidation or harassment of another person; (III) involves the transmission of junk mail (junk mail), chain letters, unsolicited mass mailing or spam (spam); (IV) is false or misleading or promotes, supports or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous; (V) promotes, reproduces, performs or distributes an illegal or unauthorized copy of a work of another person who is protected by the legislation on copyright or trade secret, (VI) provides sexually explicit or violent material in which persons under the age of 18 are exploited, or request personal information from a person under the age of 18; (VII) provides instructional information about illegal activities, including without limitation, the making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses and other malicious code; (X) violate any applicable laws including without limitation, laws and regulations governing export control, unfair competition, the fight against discrimination and misleading advertising; (XI) involves commercial activities that are detrimental to the interests of BlookUp; or (XII) otherwise violates this Agreement or causes responsibility for BlookUp. BlookUp RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE TO PRINT ANY BOOK THAT CONTAINS CONTENT THAT IT CONSIDERS, IN ITS DISCRETION, BEING THE FORBIDDEN CONTENT.
3. Rules related to the making of books from the Facebook fan pages: Books made from Facebook fan pages (official pages of public people, company, brand, etc... for which the user has clicked on the button "Like") are likely to contain content protected under copyright and / or trademark law. The Author / Blogger has the right to have such books printed by BlookUp for private use only, for personal use or to offer to a relative without risk of Copyright or trademark infringement. However, it is reminded to the Author / Blogger that the publication and selling of this type of books on the Blookshop is subject to the prior agreement of the beneficiaries, the administrator(s) and /or owner(s) of the Facebook pages and their contents. In such a case, the Author / Blogger declares and warrants that he / she has all the rights, licenses, consents and authorizations necessary to enable BlookUp to use those contents for printing and marketing purposes. In this context, the Author / Blogger agrees to compensate BlookUp for any third party action alleging infringement of intellectual property rights, trademark rights or any other rights belonging to third parties. The allowances are those claimed, with attorneys' fees and any legal fees.
4. Obligations related to the use of Blookshop for the sale of ebooks: any Author/Blogger who created an ebook through the BlookUp platform undertakes not to sell his ebooks via any other online store than the Blookshop.
8 - Blooks content's ownership and rights granted to BlookUp
The "Content of your book" includes the Content that you include in the books that you submit to BlookUp for printing services (text, images, photos, works of authorship, and other materials) BLOOKUP HOLDS NO OWNERSHIP OVER THE CONTENTS OF YOUR BOOK AND THE AUTHOR/BLOGGER REMAINS ENTIRELY AT ANYTIME OWNER OF HIS RIGHTS.
In order to enable BlookUp to provide you with our Services including the publication of a paper book and/or electronic on the Site, you hereby agree to grant us a non-exclusive, free and valid worldwide licence and for the full term of protection of intellectual property rights as defined in the French Intellectual Property Code, to print, to reproduce and distribute the content, to make it accessible to the public, the Content of your blook.
This license covers the following rights:
- Right to reproduce on any paper or digital media by recording on server for public display and by recording on any backup medium including but not limited to CD, DVD, computer hard drive;
- Right of representation, when the Member agreed to make its blook public via the Blookshop which includes the right to disclose and communicate to the public the works entrusted by any means, including: on all multimedia and computer media (iPhone, iPad, Tablet PC, Tablet, Android, universal digital book reader, smartphone or PDA regardless of the operating system (including CD, DVD, CDRom, DVDRom, mini-discs, K7 ...) and more generally on all mobile interactive media (via i-mode, WAP, UMTS, 3G, WiFi, WAN, etc.);
- Secondary exploitation right for promotional purposes that includes without limitation: the right to edit partial reproductions representing a very small part of the work, such as the order of a few pages in length (front cover, inside pages of the works to quote, advertising in all newspapers, newsletters, fact sheets, conference illustrations ...), the right to integrate such partial reproductions in databases for mailing promotional purposes for the exploitation of the work at stake.
When you create a blook through the Site, BlookUp offers you the ability to customize the layout of your blook and offers you a preview of the final layout which shall be binding and definitive. This pre-visualization is a “ready for printing” guarantee. By validating your order, you are deemed to have accepted the content of your blook and you will not be able to challenge its layout or challenge all or part of the layout of the blook. BlookUp also reserves the right to insert its logo which is automatically generated and included in any blook laid out by BlookUp.
9 - Guarantees and indemnities
The Author/Blogger undertakes to ensure that the content posted online and/or published by him is original and/or does not infringe the intellectual property rights of third parties.
You represent and warrant that:
o You own the rights related to the Content of your book and you have the right to publish it via the Site and to offer it for sale via the Blookshop;
o You own the Intellectual Property rights, including copyright related to the Content of your book that you publish or you have the obvious consent of the party who owned such rights to publish the Content of your book on the Site and to offer it to other Users;
o The Content of your book does not violate any applicable law or regulation and/or does not infringe the rights of third parties and/or is not otherwise unlawful towards third parties and/or towards BlookUp;
o The Content of your book does not violate the right to the protection of privacy, right of publicity, copyright or any other right of any person or entity;
o When the content of your book contains comments from third parties, including from other bloggers, you are allowed to publish it in the blook and to make them accessible to the public;
o When the Content of your book contains photographs, you have the right or have obtained the authorization of persons to use their image in a private and/or public blook;
o You own or otherwise have the right to grant licenses under Article 8 in respect of the Content of your book that you offer and publish via BlookUp.
You warrant BlookUp against all claims from third parties based on the allegation according to which the content of your blook would infringe their rights including intellectual property rights, that it is unlawful or that it infringes third parties’ rights including the image right or the right to private life, as well as any claims resulting from your actions in violation of the present ToU.
In other words, you assume full legal responsibility in case of legal proceedings related to the publication of your blook (copyright infringement, defamation, invasion of privacy, etc ... ..) and you undertake to compensate BlookUp for any costs that BlookUp could suffer from in relation to such legal proceedings.
10 - Notification and withdrawal of Prohibited Content
You are the owner of your rights. Blook up respects the rights of others, iuncluding intellectual property rights, we expect that our Authors/Bloggers will do the same.
BlookUp has a policy that provides that any membership privileges of any Member would be terminated if such Member repeatedly infringes third parties’ rights, including copyright, upon immediate notification to BlookUp by the copyright owners or their agents. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and published via the Services or used in any book in a way that constitutes copyright infringement or that would infringe any other right that you benefit from, please provide BlookUp with the following information:
- If you are an individual, your name, profession, address, nationality, date and place of birth; if you are a corporation, your shape, your name, your social office and the body that represents you legally.
2. A description of the litigious facts and their precise location (e.g. a description of the work protected by copyright which you feel that the rights have been infringed and the location where the service is located reproduction of work infringed);
3. The reasons why the content should be removed, that includes the statement of the legal provisions and the facts of justifications;
4. The copy of the correspondence with the author or publisher of the contentious information or activities, requesting their interruption, withdrawal or modification, or justification for what the author or publisher could not be contacted;
- A statement from you certifying that the information referred in your notification above is correct.
For questions on reporting illegal activities, please contact us by email using the contact form on the site.
11- Access to the Website
BlookUp strives to implement all necessary means to maintain the Site accessible to Users.
IT is specified that BlookUp cannot be held liable for any problem encountered by the Users to access to the Site, whatever the cause and especially when there are interruption of the services in order to perform maintenance or update operations, emergency repairing, or because of circumstances which are beyond the control of BlookUp.
Furthermore, BlookUp may have to interrupt the Site at any time without notice without any right to compensation. The User acknowledges and agrees that BlookUp is not responsible for interruptions and the consequences that may result for the User.
BlookUp is not responsible for any interruption of the Internet.
12 - Suppressing access to the User Account
BlookUp keeps the right to suspend and/or delete the account of any User or Member who would fail to comply with the present ToU and/or who would infringe the law, including by disseminating via the Site or through his blook, messages that are contrary to public order or good morals, violent, racist, or advocating war crimes, abusive or rude, contrary to copyright or related rights, trademark law, the right to image, the right to respect for privacy or which would violate any applicable laws or regulations.
13 - Limitation of liability
BlookUp will make sure to provide great care in preparing the information and data available on the Site and their update, however BlookUp is not bound by an obligation of result as to the accuracy of information and data provided via the Site.
BlookUp is not responsible for any interruption of the Internet or for improper or illegal use of the access codes of the User.
The liability of BlookUp cannot be held for breach of contract in case of fortuitous events or force majeure as defined by French law.
Consequently, BlookUp can be held liable by the User only in the case of gross negligence duly established against him.
In any event, the responsibility of BlookUp shall not exceed the amount of the corresponding order.
14 - Absence of warranties
Blookup provides no warranties, expressed or implied, and assumes no warranty for the use of the Site or its contents. In no event, BlookUp can be held liable under an action for breach of contract, tort or any other legal action, for any direct, indirect, incidental or accessory, or any kind or special or incidental damage resulting from the use of the Site or its contents, particularly in terms of profit loss, business interruption or data loss.
Third party content. Content from other Users, advertisers, and other third parties is made available through the Services. BlookUp does not exercise any control on this content, you agree that BlookUp assumes no responsibility for the content including with regard to advertising and information about third parties’ services or products. Because BlookUp do not exercise any control on this content, it does not guarantee the accuracy, update, relevance or quality of such content. It does not take responsibility for involuntary content, objectionable, inaccurate, and misleading or illegal that had been made available by others users, advertisers and third parties.
15 - Intellectual Property
BlookUp Content. The Services contain Content owned by BlookUp and its contributors ("BlookUp Content"). You may not reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, display publicly, create derivatives works and otherwise use the BlookUp Content without prior authorization of BlookUp.
Without such list being exhaustive, the trademark “blookup” and its derivatives, the logos, the graphic design, the layout, the information, the presentation and the content of the Site are protected by the French intellectual property code and by all applicable international norms, are, unless otherwise stated, the exclusive property of BlookUp. Any reproduction, publication, transmission, use or modification of all or part of the Site and/or any of its elements, made without the prior and written authorization of BlookUp would constitute a copyright infringement that may result in civil and/or criminal prosecution.
BlookUp grants the User a revocable, royalty-free, non-assignable and non-exclusive license to use the Website in accordance with the ToU.
Other Content. You hereby grant to BlookUp an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty free license, to create derivative works, reproduce, distribute and publicly display any Content other than the Content of your book, which you download, publish, send by e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available via the Site.
16 - Hypertext links
The Site or the pages of the social networks associated with the Site may contain hypertext links to other Sites from the Internet. By clicking on these links you will leave the Site. The linked sites are not under the control of BlookUp which is not liable for the content of these sites, of the links they contain and of the changes or updates that are made.
It is possible to create a hyperlink to third parties’ websites without the express permission of BlookUp. In no event the creation of a hyperlink on the Site will engage BlookUp responsibility.
17 - Term and termination
1. Duration. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Services or that you will be a Member. You may delete your account and terminate your membership at any time for any reason whatsoever, following the instructions on the page "Myblookup", "My profile". BlookUp MAY TERMINATE YOUR MEMBERSHIP AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON, TERMINATION WILL BE EFFECTIVE THE SENDING OF NOTICE TO E-MAIL ADDRESS THEN CURRENT PROFILE IN YOUR ACCOUNT. The termination of the present agreement and of your account involves the deletion of your profile information from our actual databases as well as any Content that you have downloaded to the Site BlookUp with such account. BlookUp will not assume any liability whatsoever towards you for any termination of your account or related deletion of your information.
2. Termination.BlookUp reserves the right to take all necessary measures including the removal of a User Account, without giving reasons or prior notice and without formality or indemnity in favor of the User, in cases of a legal binding decision requiring it, force majeure event, breach of the present ToU or in the event of suspected fraud.
Such termination shall take effect without prejudice to any damages that may be claimed in compensation for damages suffered as a result of such breaches.
Upon any termination, the rights and licenses granted to User shall be terminated and the user must stop using the Site. The User shall not be entitled to any compensation.
18 - Terms Modification
BlookUp can revise the present ToU from time to time and such modification will take effect: (1) from publication by BlookUp via the Site for the members who use the Services for the first time after the publication; (2) thirty (30) days after the publication on the Site for the current members. You must stop using the Services if you disagree with the modifications.
19 - Applicable law and jurisdiction
The present ToU are governed by French law. All claims relating to the ToU must be litigated exclusively in French courts.